I have been privileged, over the last little while, to do a few product reviews for the Born Pretty Store. I’ve enjoyed each one, and many of the products I have used a number of times since the reviews, BUT today’s product is my favorite -by far-!!!
These small loose glitter tubs (not to be confused with the larger glitter that I reviewed HERE) are sold separately and each tub retails for $2.38 (with FREE international shipping, plus my code “MARTAK31″ will get you an additional 10% off your entire purchase at checkout).
Color: Warm yellow gold OR silver (both have a holographic finish)
Tub size: 3.3cm Height: 3cm (each)
Weight: 16g (each)
* * * * *
These loose glitters can add sparkle and interest to ANY manicure (without the raised surface of rhinestones). You can add glitter to stamped manicures OR create loose glitter patterns/formations. I used to “fish for glitter” (stick a dotting tool into a glitter polish and remove a piece of glitter at a time). This loose glitter is so much faster, and the holographic sparkle in these is AWESOME!!!!!
I have prepared three different looks to show you today Let’s start with the GOLD holographic glitter
* * * * *
These are small enough to not be too bulky, and yet they have enough of a surface to create blingtastic interest to any manicure!
I have arranged these in a pyramid/triangle format… but you could create any shape/design you would like
* * * * *
A QUICK HOW TO:
* paint your base color and allow it to dry
* apply a topcoat to your entire nail OR dot it onto the spots where you wish to place your glitter (with a toothpick or dotting tool). I find it easiest to work one nail at a time, so that the topcoat is still wet/tacky, which is the perfect surface for the gemstones to adhere to
* with the glitter tub secured tightly, shake it once or twice and then gently open the cap; you will find that when you open the cap, sparse loose glitter will be stuck to the lid… the lid is the ideal place to pick-up the glitter from
(there really is a LIFETIME of glitter in here! )
* dip your dotting tool into clear polish (to make the tip sticky) and dip it into the lid fishing for one glitter at a time (this actually goes soo quickly… I thought it would be a lengthy and tedious task, but it is not).
* when all of your glitter is placed on your nail, cover your whole nail with topcoat
* * * * *
The next two manicures are done using the SILVER holographic glitter:
Using this glitter in lines (like striping tape) is a neat way to cover up any ‘oops’ spots of a hand painted line
This is also a really great way to color block without having to use tape… or it can be a sparkly alternative to striping tape.
I did want to show you a manicure comparing this smaller glitter to the larger glitter set I reviewed a while back:
As you can see, this smaller glitter is not only more delicate, but it stays flatter/smoother against the surface of the nail (it is virtually undetectable to the touch). The larger glitter has a greater surface and therefore reflects more light, but it is thicker and coarser to the touch.
I am telling you, I LOVE this glitter to BITS!!!! I already have another manicure using these queued up to show you within the next week or so. I just can’t get enough.
Just to recap , these GOLD holographic and SILVER holographic glitters are available on the Born Pretty Store website and are sold separately. Each tub retails for $2.38 (FREE international shipping & don’t forget my code: MARTAK31 for an additional 10% off your entire purchase at checkout).
* * * * *
Have you played with loose glitter? Are you as hooked as I am?
Is there a manicure (from the three featured today), that you liked the most?
THANK YOU FOR READING!