Hello Lovely Ladies,
You all know my love for the skittlette manicure… and now I want to see YOUR best SKITTLETTE! 😉
* TWO $25.00 shopping sprees for the Born Pretty Store! (generously sponsored by the Born Pretty Store)
* Brand New Gals “Fairy” stamping plate set (I reviewed my set here)
* Brand New Gals “Princess” stamping plate set (I reviewed my set here)
* * * * *
Rules and How To Enter!
Skitt * lette : a manicure consisting of two, or three, different accent nails on each hand.
EDIT: Contest IS open internationally! 😀
* Create your own, not previously posted, Skittlette manicure (on at least four of your own nails – no nail-wheels, nail-aids allowed)
* You may use stamps, dotting tools, fimo, rhinestones, acrylic paint, striping tape, studs, water decals etc. Basically, as long as you do not use full nail appliques on ALL of your nails (on one or two it is ok), your entry is good 😀
Email your submission before DECEMBER 18, 2012 to me at marta@chitchatnails(dot)com and include:
* Your name (and blog URL if you have one)
* Photo of your skittlette manicure (if you normally watermark your photo please send a watermarked version. I will be posting all of the entries on the blog and I want to make sure your work is protected 😉 ).
* Your choice of prize (BornPrettyStore, Gals Fairy, Gals Princess). While I cannot guarantee you will win your first choice, I will do my best
(I will reply to your email, confirming that I got your entry. If you do not receive a confirmation email from me,… try sending your email again)
This time around, instead of opening up the entries for public voting, I have a panel of THREE personally hand-picked judges 😉
These three ladies are near and dear to my heart; I pester them with my nail-hobby (uhem, obsession) on a daily basis. They have all agreed to pick a favorite and combined they will put their brilliant minds together to pick one more winner 😉 (four winners total). They will then rank them from first place to fourth (first place will get their pick of all the prizes, then second etc.)
Get to know your Judges?
Karolina: my younger sister. She is a mommy of two and a Family Doctor by profession. Karolina pays attention to detail, is precise, and is one creative spirit (she can crotchet, knit, and cook a gourmet meal). I expect her to look for fine detail and that artistic touch.
Magda: my best friend (or twin…?). Magda is also a mommy of two, speaks multiple languages fluently, and did I mention she is also a makeup artist? Magda is one trendy momma! Magda knows all of the runway trends, and can put together an outfit like no other. She has a knack for putting together outfits that match in color/hue/ and texture – I expect this to play a role in her judging.
Shannon: my brother’s girlfriend and great friend to me. Shannon is a student who studied fashion and is now continuing her studies in nursing. While I am reminded of just how old I am when I’m around her 😉 , Shannon is uber trendy, knows her patterns by name (and ‘era’), and can make anything look hip. She is young, and hip and is not afraid to push the fashion envelope, she will be a fresh and fun voice in this contest.
I will stand back- the winners will be solely decided by the Judges.
Now… READY, SET, SKITTLETTE!
THANK YOU FOR READING!