I’ve mentioned a few times recently how I have the urge to ‘bedazzle’ every manicure and spruce it up with gemstones. Thus far I have been working with round gemstones, but the BornPrettyStore recently announced their release of SQUARE gemstones and I knew I NEEDED them!
I was sent one of these gemstone wheels for review. I will try to give you as much information about this product as well as TWO (yes 2) manicures I created using these gemstones.
The gemstones and nail wheel came in a regular envelope with a BronPrettyStore businesscard:
* This BornPrettyStore square rhinestone nail wheel retails for only $3.49!!!
* The BornPretty Store has International FREE shipping. Depending on where you live shipping could take up to 30 days (but I have also received some orders within a week).
* the gems are 2mm in size and come in 12 assorted colours packed in a nail wheel
* The gems are sold by weight, and you are guaranteed to get 49g … which is a LOT of tiny gems
* The rhinestones are packed in a larger nailwheel which makes it easier to access them and turn the window in the nail wheel to get the desired colour.
(I hope this photo gives you a general idea of the size of the nail wheel)
COLOURS: Orange, Purple, Light Green, Dark Blue, Dark Pink, Light blue, Dark Green, Red, Yellow, Light Pink, Light Blue/Aqua, Silver/Clear
These gems are intended to be placed onto your painted nail. They can be attached with glue (not included) or a droplet of topcoat. I prefer using the topcoat and find that that is enough to keep the gems attached for the duration of the manicure.
1. Place a little bit of topcoat onto dotting tool/toothpick
2. Dot directly onto the nail where you wish to place the rhinestone
3. Move the open window over the colour of gemstone you wish to use
4. Use the dottingtool (still wet with topcaot) to fish the rhinestone directly out of the nailwheel
5. Place and press gemstone, with the dotting tool, onto your nail
6. Cover entire nail, including gemstone with one layer of topcoat
* * * * *
This first manicure shows how I used these gemstones to accent a stamped design:
RA-103 and the Orange Square Rhinestones
The Second Manicure I’d like to share with you shows just how edgy (IMO) these gems can look… I love this square shape!!!!
A few last thoughts:
* I was quite impressed that without losing the square shape, these gems are NOT sharp around the edges and therefore will not get caught onto clothing etc. (at least not any more than the regular round gemstones would)
* Because of the larger wheel, the gems are very easy to ‘fish’ for with either a toothpick or a dotting-tool.
* And I’ve already mentioned this, but I really think the SQUARE shape is so edgy looking
If you would like to get your hands on these gemstones you can do so online at BornPrettystore.com or by clicking HERE. Please note that if you use CouponCode: MARTAK31 at checkout you will get an additional 10% off of your entire purchase
* * * * *
Phew, long post
Do you enjoy playing with gemstones? Do you have a favourite way of using rhinestones? Maybe a favourite colour?
THANK YOU FOR READING